Learn how to make guacamole from Brooklyn Taco Co. chef/owner Jesse Kramer in this Howcast video.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 3/4 cup Oreo Cookies, crushed
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth (approximately 3-5 mins). If you do not have a stand mixer or a paddle attachment a hand beater will work as well, but will take twice as long to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
- Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Serve with whipping cream and garnish with mini Oreos.
Yield: 20.0 mini 1 1/2 inch cheesecake or one 9 inch cheesecake
- 1 cup sugar ((BROWNIES))
- 4 whole eggs ((BROWNIES) beaten)
- 1/2 tsp salt ((BROWNIES))
- 1 tsp vanilla ((BROWNIES))
- 1/2 cup butter ((BROWNIES))
- 1 cup flour ((BROWNIES))
- 1 cup dark chocolate ((BROWNIES)Xocai Healthy Chocolate Activ Powder)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar ((FROSTING 1st LAYER))
- 1/2 cup butter ((FROSTING 1st LAYER) softened)
- 2 tbsps green creme de menthe ((FROSTING 1st LAYER))
- 1 cup dark chocolate ((FROSTING 2nd LAYER)Xocai Healthy Chocolate Nuggets, chopped)
- 6 tbsps butter ((FROSTING 2nd LAYER))
- 1 (BROWNIES) Mix together and pour into greased 9″x13″ pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
- 2 (FROSTING 1st LAYER) Mix frosting 1st layer ingredients and spread over cooled brownies
- 3 (FROSTING 2nd LAYER) Melt frosting 2nd layer ingredients together. Cool slightly and spread over frosting 1st layer. Refrigerate and cut into small squares.
Yield: Serves 12
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- caramel and hot fudge topping
- 1 package of Oreo’s (39 cookies)
- 3/4 quart of vanilla ice cream (about 3 cups), softened
- Crush the Oreos finely with food processor or using zip-lock bag.
- Place them in a bowl and mix with 6 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 8×8 dish by lining it with foil.
- Press 2 cups of the Oreo crumbs on the bottom.
- Freeze for half an hour.
- Displace the ice cream from freezer to soften.
- Displace Oreo crust from freezer and spread the ice cream over it.
- Transfer back to freezer for about half an hour.
- Displace from freezer and place the remaining crumbs on top. Press gently.
- Freeze again for about 2 -3 hours.
- When ready remove the foil and cut into squares.
- Serve with chocolate topping and caramel.
Submitted by: Monica Black
- 50 grams of leek, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 100 grams of ham, cubed
- 200 grams of wheat flour
- 20 grams of oat flakes
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon of grounded cumin
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 50 grams of grated cheese
- 150 ml of milk
- Fry onion and leek, cool.
- In separate bowl, beat egg, oil and milk.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, mix with baking powder, oat flakes, cumin, salt, black pepper.
- Add dry ingredients, bit by bit into egg mixture.
- In the end add fried leek and onion, ham and grated cheese.
- Grease muffin baking pan, pour in dough.
- Bake about 25 min, in preheated oven, in 180 C degrees.
- 1/2kg wheat flour
- 25 grams of fresh yeast
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 100 grams of butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 250 grams of redcurrant
- sliced almonds
- grated coconut
- How to make Redcurrant yeast muffins
- Mix yeast with 1/2 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour. Keep in warm place and wait till it doubles.
- Mix soft butter with honey and 1 egg, till mixture becomes smooth.
- Sift flour, add pinch of salt, pour in yeast mixture, 1/2 cup of milk and butter mixture. Knead smooth and elastic dough. Let it rest 1 hour. It should double. Knead again and let it rest again till it raises again.
- Add redcurrants into dough, stir gently.
- Butter muffin tray, pour in dough.
- Sprinkle with almonds, grated coconut and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Let muffins raise 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven, in 180 C degrees, about 25 minutes till top is golden brown.
- 2 larger whole potatoes
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) butter
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) Parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil
- 2 oz (60 ml) heavy cream
- 2 oz (60 grams) cheese, grated
- garlic powder
- sour cream ( optional )
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Make sure the potatoes are perfectly clean.
- Make slices across the potato, but don’t reach its bottom.
- Slice the butter and Parmesan.
- Then open the potatoes’ crevices and shove the Parmesan and butter, alternating between the two.
- Transfer the potatoes onto an oiled baking sheet, then drizzle some oil on top of them.
- Season with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- After about 45 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Drizzle cream over the top and top with grated cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
- You can serve it with a dollop of sour cream if you wish.
- 2 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hot-brewed coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- FOR THE PEPPERMINT MARSHMALLOW BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake or muffin pan with 24 regular-size cupcake liners.
- Combine the chocolate chips and hot coffee together, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. In a large bowl sift together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until thickened slightly. Slowly add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs, and combine completely. Add the sugar mixture and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners three-quarters full with the cupcake batter. Place in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 21 minutes. Cool the cupcakes completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the Chocolate Ganache and the Peppermint Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting (directions for both below). Put the frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip.
To make the Chocolate Ganache:
- Bring the heavy cream and butter to a simmer in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate. Stir the mixture until smooth. Set aside to cool.
To make the Peppermint Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting:
- Whip together the butter and marshmallow cream, using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Add the peppermint extract. Slowly add 2 cups of the powdered sugar and continue to mix on a slow speed. Add the milk and additional powdered sugar, up to 2 cups, until desired consistency is reached.
To assemble cupcakes:
- Using an apple corer, remove the center of each cupcake. Fill each cupcake with a spoonful of the Chocolate Ganache. Using the frosting-filled pastry bag, frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinammon
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Applesauce
- 4 cups Grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped walnuts
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream chese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond extract
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- Sift together dry ingredients. Beat in applesauce and eggs until well blended. stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured pan and bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes.
- Icing: beat first 4 ingredients until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until desired consistency.
Yield: 16.0 servings
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup meat broth from 1 cube
- ¾ cup home made bread crumbs
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 veal cutlets
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 ½ cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 4 slices of provolone
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk together, add meat broth and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs, pepper and parsley in a separate bowl. Mix and combine.
- Flatten the veal thin between two sheets of wax paper.
- Dredge the veal in eggs and then the bread crumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fry the veal in 1 tablespoon of butter and olive oil until lightly browned, drain on a paper towel.
- In a separate large frying pan sauté the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the veal in a large casserole dish and top with the peppers and onion mixture.
- Top each cutlet with a slice of prosciutto and then the provolone.
- Bake in the oven at 220˚C for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Garnish with parsley.
Learn how to make guacamole from Brooklyn Taco Co. chef/owner Jesse Kramer in this Howcast video. … [Read more]
Ingredients 2 cups heavy cream1 pound cream cheese, softened2/3 cup sugar1/2 teaspoon salt2 tablespoons lemon juice2 teaspoons vanilla powder3/4 cup Oreo … [Read more]
Ingredients 1 cup sugar ((BROWNIES))4 whole eggs ((BROWNIES) beaten)1/2 tsp salt ((BROWNIES))1 tsp vanilla ((BROWNIES))1/2 cup butter ((BROWNIES))1 cup flour … [Read more]
Ingredients 6 tablespoons butter, meltedcaramel and hot fudge topping1 package of Oreo's (39 cookies) 3/4 quart of vanilla ice cream (about 3 cups), softened … [Read more]
Ingredients 50 grams of leek, sliced1/2 onion, sliced100 grams of ham, cubed200 grams of wheat flour20 grams of oat flakes2 teaspoons of baking … [Read more]
Ingredients 1/2kg wheat flour25 grams of fresh yeast3 tablespoons of sugar1 egg3 tablespoons of honey100 grams of butter1/2 cup of milk250 grams of … [Read more]
Ingredients 2 larger whole potatoes3.5 oz (100 grams) butter3.5 oz (100 grams) Parmesan cheesevegetable oil2 oz (60 ml) heavy cream2 oz (60 grams) cheese, … [Read more]
Ingredients 2 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips1 cup hot-brewed coffee2 cups sugar1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder1 1/3 … [Read more]
Ingredients 2 cups Flour2 cups Sugar2 teaspoons Baking soda2 teaspoons Baking powder1 teaspoon Salt2 teaspoons Cinammon4 Eggs1 1/2 cups Applesauce4 cups … [Read more]